Saturday 8 June 2013

Examens en France

Its now a week since I left France, and 3 whole weeks since I finished my exams and I've only just remembered to blog about the lovely experience of exams in France. For starters I found the whole idea of exams a complete waste of time because I'm not required to pass, (which is the worst motivation ever.) that coupled with the laid-back, disorganised French system the whole thing was utterly pointless. There is no exam invigilators that you'd expect in England and in some cases not even enough exam papers. (In one exam half the class sat without a question paper for the first half an hour) Its perfectly acceptable for your phone to ring midway, or for you to leave the room unsupervised for a toilet break. In England if you have an exam clash it will 100% be sorted out for you, but not here. It is deemed to be your fault for daring to have an exam clash and if you can't get hold of one woman in the entire uni then you just have to pick which one you think is more important. Meh... C'est la vie! I have one result so far, 7/20 not bad to say I knew NOTHING! 

Some procrastination activites to avoid revision I did include

Sunbathing in the park
Visiting St. Tropez
Climbing Mont St Victoire
Trips to the beach

Overall not a bad life in the south of France :D

No comments:

Post a Comment