Wednesday 8 May 2013

Were off to Climb a Mountainn!!!!


For many excuses (mainly valid and not due to my laziness) I didn't manage to climb Mont Sainte-Victoire last semester when the majority of people did, but it was certainly on my list of things to do before I leave.(Which is in a month #sob.) Picking a 20odd degree day might not have been ideal when it was super steep at the beginning but it did lead to some lovely views at the top whilst eating our picnic and eating all the grapes Luke brought along. All I really know about the mountain is that its very famous because Cezanne used to paint it and there is a church at the top available for campers. Taking a different route on the way back down led us to walk past possibly the most stunning turquoise lake I've ever seen. Finishing off the day with a few failed jump photos before catching the bus back home. Great day with even better company Its days like this when i still can't believe I have lived in such an amazing place for the past 9 months and that I really am going to miss it and all the people I've met when I have to leave.







In other news I have been playing beer-pong (and winning!) girly nights in watching mean girls, visiting Marseille for la fete  des flammes et flots ( a random night with sculptures of fire everywhere) and my next trip is to St Tropez tomorrow!!! Standard day in the life of an erasmus student in the South of France :D



















No comments:

Post a Comment