Wednesday 12 June 2013

Festival de Cannes

Among the goodbyes and packing of my last few days in Aix I certainly took advantage of the famous Festival de Cannes. Living on the Côte-d'Azur certainly has its advantages, and at 2 hours away Cannes certainly felt as close as on my doorstep that I'm ever going to get. Unfortunately Leonardo Dicaprio didn't appear to sweep me off my feet but it was an amazing place. What you wouldn't give to own a yacht or drive a matte black lamborghini for a day :P 



If i ever get the opportunity to go again I would certainly stay overnight and join the other fans begging for tickets to the premieres and the chance to walk on the red carpet with the stars. Talking to some people during the day we discovered that the press especially recieve more tickets than they need and get fined if they don't use them, therefore if you're in the right place at the right time they give them away to fans waiting outside the palais. Definitley one for the bucket list I think. Highlights of this day certainly include spotting Nicole Kidman, Steven Spielberg and Audrey Tatou on the red carpet for the Only Lovers Left Alive premiere. Highly recommended and some friends even camped there to do it on a budget. 

                 Look Closely below and you should spot Nicole Kidman :)




No comments:

Post a Comment