Sunday 4 November 2012

Catch up :)

Soooo since i havent blogged in a while this one might be a long one :) and ive been doing lotsss of things 

1. I went to a lebanese birthday party.



My uni friend Carey invited me to her lebanese flatmates birthday party, fun and a good place to practise french because her landlady wouldnt let us speak any english.

2. Went to my first ever rugby game (they lost)

I went to see the aix rugby team, le parc, bargain compared to seeing sport at home. 5Euro for a ticket! They were winning until i went to the toilet, came back and they were twenty points down, and the really famous player from Lyon didnt even get on the pitch.



3. Had a lush roast dinner cooked by Australians (my first Yorkshire puds in over 2 months!)

Roast Lamb, potatoes, roast veggies, broccoli and most importantly Yorkshire puds and GRAVY. What more is there to say?

Photo: The most amazing roast ever!!!


4. The thunderstorms and cold weather have arrived :(

I have never seen it rain like it does here! And when it rains, it doesn't stop for hours! in fact its raining right now :(

5. First family visit, Dad and sister :)

I had never gone so long without seeing any of my family, it was 2 months since they waved me off and Manchester airport and even though its been a fun filled 2 months I can't describe how happy I was to see my sister and dad come through those doors at the airport after a 5 hour delay. Every time the doors opened and it wasn't them my excitement grew a little bit more. I had such a fun few days with them, working our way round every cafe/bar in Aix with a little trip to Cassis and a paddle in the sea thrown in :) 

Can't wait to go home and see them again for another hug like this :)



6. First ever french concert! TRYO

So a friend suggested we go to see a band. I'd never heard of them but thought why not and it was soo good. We payed 30 euros to see an amazing band who played for 3 hours!!!!!! To say the French know the meaning of an encore would be an understatement. This itself lasted for 45 minutes and the bass/violin player was pretty hot! 
They did a bit of everything,  a french version of the aristocats and even some poledancing. 


 
















7. Second family visit, Mum and Grandma

Finally this week i had my second visit! It was lovelyyy to see my mum and grandma after 9 weeks! Think they brought the cold weather from England with them but we had a fun week, with trips to Marseille and La Ciotat and a spot of shopping and some yummmmy chocolate cake haha. Seeing my family after all this time just makes me so much more excited to see everyone at christmas for a massive catchup!






















8. Finally went out for toussaints (the day after halloween)
One friend had a pink wig, the other a blue. it was amusing :)


No comments:

Post a Comment