Tuesday 27 November 2012

Birthdays, Surprises and Fun Stuff

The twenty firsts and have started coming thick and fast now so I've been busy having parties here and remembering to send cards to those back home too. First was Luke's and we all enjoyed the opportunity to dress up properly for the first time since coming to France. My dress and heels had been sat in the wardrobe for 3 months just wanting to be worn! Wearing heels for the first time since August was not a nice experience though :( 

Then on Thursday night we celebrated Katy's birthday by throwing a massive surprise party with all the gentlemen, including a scrap book which everyone wrote in. I really can't think of a better and more meaningful present to remember celebrating your 21st on a year abroad. This was an amazing night, which included my decision (influenced by alot of wine) of staying in the club til 4 before running off to pack and catch a bus to the airport at 5am with a slice of pizza and red bull in tow. Surprised myself by staying awake for an impressive 37hours! Ace weekend in Amsterdam being entertained by Holly's fun facts!
One thing that always baffles me is the lack of security in European airports. With most of my airport experiences taking place in England I am used to being stopped every 5 minutes for my passport but it amazes me how laidback the Europeans seem to be. Not one person looked at my passport on the way to and from Amsterdam yet on booking my plane home for Christmas I learnt it will take me 90minutes to transfer at Heathrow due to all the checks. Baffling!

In other news...

Since I last blogged France threw its first stupid drunk bitches on us, which ended with a friend being kicked in the mouth, I nearly got followed home by a creepy french guy and also mugged in Amsterdam and after 3 months I actually have to start doing some work now as I have a presentation on Monday that i am completely unprepared for :( 

In happier news, I recieved the best post ever today! A letter from my grandpa (takes a while to decipher his writing) and an amazingggggg advent calendar from my dad and sister :D eeeeeeeek not stopped smiling all day.

Ciao for nowwwww <3







No comments:

Post a Comment